Forum

add bonus points for taking out others - come vote if you support this idea
2Blue wrote
at 9:56 PM, Thursday March 1, 2007 EST
leave your comments on the idea thread and vote if you are for this idea.

we have 9 supporters at the time of this post.

http://aplayr.com/kdice/kdice/ideas/add%20bonus%20points%20for%20taking%20out%20others/

Replies 1 - 4 of 4
super strut II wrote
at 4:34 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
Why??? Bag and ugly idea. This supports a specific strategie according to your low ranking...

On upper tables you learn how to play together with the other players, and not only against them... I hope!
2Blue wrote
at 9:28 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
it has nothing to do with improving ranking. i come here to play for fun, not rank.

giving points to taking out players goes to the very core and goal of kdice - dominance.

adding to my suggestion: points can be calculated based on the absolute value of a percentage of the final score.

say we give 10% for each player you take out –

e.g. 1
-Player finished 5th and took out 1 other, the score based on place and dominance is -30
-the absolute value of -30 * 10% is 3 (|-30*10%*1| = 3)
-this players final score (based on dominance, place, and the # of players took out) is -30+3=27

e.g. 2
-Player finished 2nd and took out 3 others, the score based on place and dominance is 18
-the absolute value of 18 * 10% * 3 is 5.4 (|-30*10%*3| = 5.4, round off to 5)
-this players final score (based on dominance, place, and the # of players took out) is 18+5=23
________________ wrote
at 10:57 AM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
no - you didn´t get the point!

There is another game-style on the higher tables!

Watch some games there and perhaps you check it out! kdice is more then the unlimmited tables or the 1500´s-tables...

That´s less about playing for any rank, but for playing with other skilled players...

So - I still disagree!
2Blue wrote
at 2:55 PM, Friday March 2, 2007 EST
i don't want to argue for argument's sake.....but if the change benefit the majority, AND more importantly if it enhance gameplay, then it's consider a good change, even when a small group of people is not satisfied with it.

all i want to say last is thanks for all the people who voted.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary