Forum

Problems with lag
Beals wrote
at 6:59 PM, Wednesday February 28, 2007 EST
I don't usually have problems with lag. However, I just played a game where I was dominating, despite a crapload of lag. I eventually had to restart Firefox, and when I got back into the game, I was done. The problem appeared to be just me. Other players said they had no lag, but were glad to attack me! Luckily, my dominance ended up losing me just a few points. Anyway, what can I do to avoid lag? I don't have any spyware or viruses, and not that many programs running on a 3200 Athlon with XP Home, 448 MB Ram.

Replies 1 - 5 of 5
Odlanor wrote
at 7:13 PM, Wednesday February 28, 2007 EST
I've had the same problems today, its never been this bad, and its only on this site when playing kdice.
triplehelix wrote
at 7:29 PM, Wednesday February 28, 2007 EST
yeah i've been lagging like crazy tonight. i don't think its just you.
slxauhsoj wrote
at 10:21 PM, Wednesday February 28, 2007 EST
Me four. I lost an easy first place win today because of lag, which pissed me off. Basically I lagged out of the game... did a refresh, which took forever, and came back to the table... the time bar moved under the current player, but I couldn't see any chat or dice count. Eventually I'd realize it wasn't going to load, would reload the page, same thing happened... ended up getting third and shitting a brick. What's the deal?
ebrake wrote
at 10:23 AM, Thursday March 1, 2007 EST
I noticed that I only have this problem at work, I never have the problem at home using the same laptop. I think it has more to do with your internet provider causing the lag than anything on the kdice servers. You might get some software to monitor your internet connection and see if your ISP isnt droping some of your packets.
glob stain wrote
at 5:18 PM, Thursday March 1, 2007 EST
terrible lag for me today too. guess there was some glitch because its rarely an issue for me either
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary