Forum

MAJOR Cheat Notice- Bug needs to be fixed
woodcubed wrote
at 6:30 PM, Sunday February 25, 2007 EST
I was just in a game where I observed a player by the name "Zikamaru" sit in in the middle of the game. The board in the corner went crazy and showed him sitting in about twenty times in a row. He then was recorded as having won first place, and left. He had a score 0f 1962! The game was still going after he left. This is clearly a bug in the system and while it does not affect other players in the games in question, this throws off the curve completely and is just plain dirty. I don't know how it was done, but it warrants investigation.

Replies 1 - 10 of 11 Next › Last »
zog wrote
at 7:45 PM, Sunday February 25, 2007 EST
I was in the same game as woodcubed and saw this with my own eyes. We were the only players there - the player popped in, sat for a round as a color that had already been killed with no territories, "won" as soon as I took a territory, and disappeared. Never seen anything like it.
SandyBell wrote
at 8:45 PM, Sunday February 25, 2007 EST
this seems to be related to this idea:
"Fix for the ZOMBIE player bug"
http://aplayr.com/kdice/kdice/ideas/fix%20for%20the%20zombie%20player%20bug/

JDizzle787 wrote
at 8:48 PM, Sunday February 25, 2007 EST
I guess you mean "Shikamaru". In first place now. Hmmmmmm... I wish I could be of some help, but, Just posting b/c this is very interesting and wrong
zog wrote
at 9:05 PM, Sunday February 25, 2007 EST
Yes, the player who appeared to sit in was "Shikamaru", I think woodcubed just mis-spelled it.
XicaDaSilva wrote
at 9:09 PM, Sunday February 25, 2007 EST
This is very interesting, and i beieve this is exactly the same bug as presented in the idea.
This probably worked like this, player A starts a game and is about to lose, in a different browser window logs out and back in as user B, then he sits back at the game in the first browser window.

This is just speculation of course :)

And yes zombies have the tendency of getting first place and lots of points ...
emptyafternoon wrote
at 11:29 PM, Sunday February 25, 2007 EST
heh, yea... he's got 32 GP and 59% 4th place... doesn't add up.
SandyBell wrote
at 11:33 PM, Sunday February 25, 2007 EST
<a href="http://aplayr.com/kdice/kdice/ideas/fix%20for%20the%20zombie%20player%20bug/">link to idea</a> please vote if you think this bug should be fixed
StunnedFaz0r wrote
at 12:14 AM, Monday February 26, 2007 EST
Does this explain why the leaderboard is full of insane gains?

Or are people really getting +370 and +580
Intangelon wrote
at 2:35 PM, Monday February 26, 2007 EST
Holic was in 4th place, logged back in as a color that was already out and did this:

Holic finishes 4th.
(+17 for 4th and +7 for dominance)
Holic stands up

Holic was holed up in a corner most of the game -- no more than four territories to his name. There's no way in a 1600 room he'd get that much. That's got to be a hack of some sort.
Intangelon wrote
at 3:10 PM, Monday February 26, 2007 EST
Not only that, but I just seemed to lose 30 points when the game told me I lost 10. Something buggy this way comes?
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary