Forum

dice upsets
labcat wrote
at 10:12 PM, Thursday February 22, 2007 EST
It seems to me that there are more dice upsets lately -

5 dice losing to 3 or 2 - or 6 losing to 2,3, or 4. and tons of 5 losing to 4.

It seems it's almost 50/50 or close to that - I think that adds too much of a dumb luck factor to the game.

I see alot of people complaining.

Replies 1 - 7 of 7
Grunvagrr wrote
at 11:36 PM, Thursday February 22, 2007 EST
I win 100% of my 5v2s and 5v3s.

I think they all average out to what they should, 98 and 91% respectively. I think it just has to do with the fact that since I constantly win my rolls, then those losses have to go somewhere else.

overall the odds are the same

p.s. I am a beast at kdice.
DealOrNoDeal wrote
at 12:00 AM, Friday February 23, 2007 EST
so in 157 games you won all 5v3 and 5v2 ...
PowerSlug wrote
at 12:07 AM, Friday February 23, 2007 EST
I lost a 7v3 the other day..... now THAT HURT.
Only supposed to happen 5 times in 1000 rolls, I guess I got lucky.
DoobiusMalcor wrote
at 12:34 AM, Friday February 23, 2007 EST
It's all perception obviously. Since 99% of that time I attack with more dice than the other guy (except the 8v8 naturally), then 98% of the time when I lose it's an upset.

And I do get upset.
Sbirro wrote
at 5:40 AM, Friday February 23, 2007 EST
The other day I saw a guy lose an 8v3. So just be glad you're not him ;)

And yes it really is all perception. Recently I lost two 8v6 in a row. Then in the next game I won numerous 8v8s. It all balances out.
Alpha1 wrote
at 1:58 PM, Friday February 23, 2007 EST
ryan had said that the probability is the same as before. nothing has changed. it's human nature that you pay more attention to your 'unlucky' rolls than lucky ones. have you counted how many time you won 8v7, 6v5, 5v4, etc.?
failed the Turin wrote
at 6:10 PM, Friday February 23, 2007 EST
I blame the recent glut of "bad luck attacks" on two factors:

1. The new scoring system encourages more early round aggression so you are going to see a lot more non-8v8 attacks.
2. The scoring reset means that everyone that had gotten used to playing with good quality opponents, had to deal with hundreds of people that have no idea what they're doing and will make unconventional attacks. When these win (or lose) you tend to notice.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary