Forum

Starting Dice
funk wrote
at 5:33 PM, Friday February 16, 2007 EST
Next game you are in Ryan take note of the dice people get and what # roll they are. It's my understanding that the last 2 rolls are supposed to get more dice than say rolls 1 and 2, but this is often not the case. Hopefully others can see if they see this occurring in their next game and add a post to this thread...

Replies 1 - 6 of 6
Ryan wrote
at 5:44 PM, Friday February 16, 2007 EST
Its possible to get 4 or 5 territories to start. The extra territories are given to the first player or two.

When distributing dice everyone gets 9 plus one for each territory. 6th and 7th get 10 however.

This means you will see the first couple players with 5 territories having 14 dice. The players in the middle with 13 dice and 4 territories, and then last two players with 4 territories and 14 dice.

By the way, its a disadvantage at the start to have your dice spread over an extra territory.
rnd wrote
at 6:03 PM, Friday February 16, 2007 EST
i agree, it may have once been a disadvantage, but it seems less of one now, especially with the extra die.
Odlanor wrote
at 6:24 PM, Friday February 16, 2007 EST
Giving 1st or second extra land improves their chances of connecting 1st turn and getting a great start, the extra die doesnt really help if your territories are all over the place. I've seen tons of games where the person who goes first connects 2 or 3 lands then just completely dominates.
algios wrote
at 11:09 PM, Friday February 16, 2007 EST
The dice/territory is then lower odlandor. So if i start with 5 territories mostly I say "Shit!" to myself.
jamz wrote
at 3:07 AM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
k...thx for clearing it up for me ryan :)
Ryan wrote
at 4:26 PM, Saturday February 17, 2007 EST
no problem
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary