Forum

need to build vs dominance
die shogun wrote
at 11:54 AM, Thursday February 15, 2007 EST
in my current game, i'm down so i need to build up, not that I'm going to win but my dominance score will be a penalty because I can only build at this point whereas the current leader is building because he'll just be stronger with a huge dominance. it's like a drinking game weak get weaker

Replies 1 - 7 of 7
Ryan wrote
at 2:05 PM, Thursday February 15, 2007 EST
Its ranked.

No matter how big 1st gets his point difference with 2nd, and other places, does not change.
Ryan wrote
at 2:06 PM, Thursday February 15, 2007 EST
in other words if these two scenarios are the same for points:

1st: 20 territories
2nd: 3 territories
3rd: 2 territories
4th: 1 territory

1st: 9 territories
2nd: 8 territories
3rd: 7 territories
4th: 6 territory
die shogun wrote
at 5:56 PM, Thursday February 15, 2007 EST
not quite what I was getting at, I'll have to reformulate after some more games.
algios wrote
at 8:41 AM, Friday February 16, 2007 EST
@ die_shogun:

You mean the strongest will everytime be left apart because he gets more dice than other players and therefore will mostly have opportunities to grow? Whereas other players will be in a situation of fighting for less and less place and therefore will need to build stacks? Or if you have a bad start your dominance will suffer a lot because you cant just expand but have to stack?
GerMANic wrote
at 9:14 AM, Friday February 16, 2007 EST
Die Shogun is pointing out that if you are in a situation where you must build to have a chance against a larger player you lose dominance even though you can do nothing else but stack. He stacks faster and does not have to spend the time you do to stack so he takes your weak territories round by round as you try to get 8 stacks and your dominance gets eaten up.
REMCO wrote
at 10:26 AM, Friday February 16, 2007 EST
true, a find that a problem to.
Yesterday, I started a game with very bad luck and ended with two little stacks in the corner. I a way i managed to build up and take over the entire game, brown was thinking he had won allready and dident looked at my little stacks taking pice by piece some land of him. He was to busy with red. so at the end, I won the game
REMCO wrote
at 10:28 AM, Friday February 16, 2007 EST
in like 50 rounds, 10 or so I had only two stacks, but for my win i only got 18 points because of dominance...
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary