Forum

Can someone explain the "Dominance" score?
chris_in_kc wrote
at 4:44 AM, Thursday February 15, 2007 EST
Sorry if this is posted clearly someone on here - but I have been reading all the current threads and looking in the wiki for the answer to it and I just can't seem to find it. Can someone please explain how the dominance score is calculated and obtained? What does a person need to do/not do to gain/lose points. What sort of new strategies does this open up?

Again - if this has been answered, I promise you that I couldn't find it - so please excuse me if this is a repeat.

Thanks,
Chris_in_KC

Replies 1 - 4 of 4
aliaiactasunt wrote
at 5:36 AM, Thursday February 15, 2007 EST
It is a repeat and I really wonder that you couldn't find it. It was EVERYwhere; anyways: the Dominance score is calculated by your average number of territories at the beginning of your turns compared to that of the others. The exact formula is Ryan's secret.
dEFlANCE wrote
at 11:35 AM, Thursday February 15, 2007 EST
I know you believe you made this amazing point system to prevent truces ryan but its terrible...this is why so i was playing and doing pretty well with four people left, two of them truced so i asked the last guy to truce with me....do you think he does....no he doesnt wanna lose so instead he just kills me so the other two wont attack him, at this point i probably would have had a good amount of dominance points but 3v1 i couldnt do anything. then they just left me with 1 territory for about 4 rounds so that i lost any points i though i might have got...great system there
fuzzycat wrote
at 3:19 PM, Thursday February 15, 2007 EST
dEFlANCE, such behavior I have seen even MORE with the old system. Since with it all it caunted a place, so the other want, wants you dead fast. (by hitting weaks).

Now with the new system, if he would have been any smart, he would have truced, to grow against the other two, and improve his AS.
dEFlANCE wrote
at 9:33 PM, Thursday February 15, 2007 EST
I dont care about the 3v1 at all its the fact that they left me with 1 territory so that i lost so many points and there was absolutely nothing to do about it. In the old system it didnt matter cause if they killed you npw onr in 3 turns you got the same amount of points, now you lose points and you can do anything about it. How does that make sense??
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary