Forum

Very Screwed up Game - hackers, program malfunction, ???
Scaldis Noel wrote
at 12:04 PM, Thursday February 8, 2007 EST
Ryan,

I was just in a game on the Gustavo Joseph table at about 1pm eastern time on 2/8/07. All kinds of problems. My name and avatar showed up under an opponents spot, players couldn't get themselves out of being "away", teal played when it was greens turn. Other problems I can't recall. What happened?

Replies 1 - 4 of 4
zippy wrote
at 12:09 PM, Thursday February 8, 2007 EST
I was there too. It was wild fun.
algios wrote
at 1:01 PM, Thursday February 8, 2007 EST
Next time that happens reload or ask ppl to do ...
Scaldis Noel wrote
at 4:11 PM, Thursday February 8, 2007 EST
Not sure if everyone tried reloading, but I did and a few others did as well. Didn't solve problem.
gohstlee wrote
at 8:53 PM, Thursday February 8, 2007 EST
This all sounds like "server slow". I know that sometimes the animations of everyone's moves just "get behind" when I am playing. Then, when it my turn, I get to see the moves from 4 or 5 players before me. If I don't chat too much, the animations will eventually catch up, but it might take 3 or 4 times around the board for that to happen.

Happens most when people are making a lot of moves quickly. We have to get 'em to slow down! Also, chatting a lot seems to slow things down even more. However, Sit In/Sit Out *do* seem to work rather quickly when this happens, so if you stick around and keep hitting Sit In (once, or you may sit in and out immediately), you'll at least keep getting dice.

The really sad thing is that sometimes this only happens to one player, and the rest can still play. In that case, I don't think we can blame the server... I think it is "blame the client" then. Not sure if reloading makes it faster... when that happens, I'm afraid to try.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary