Forum

What's with the dice rolls?
Brandon121 wrote
at 9:48 AM, Wednesday February 7, 2007 EST
I think this might have been mentioned, but I have started to notice more and more, attacks that have more dice than the defender losing. Things like 5 dice to 3 and the 5 loses. And it seems like almost every time it is an equal attack, the attacker loses. Is it just me?

Replies 1 - 10 of 11 Next › Last »
Moemar wrote
at 9:54 AM, Wednesday February 7, 2007 EST
Um. They're dice. Just because you roll five dice and the other guy (or girl) rolls 3 doesn't mean you'll get the high roll every time. And yes, the defender wins ties. Read this for details: http://kdice.wikispaces.com/
Moemar wrote
at 9:56 AM, Wednesday February 7, 2007 EST
Woah, you've played over 250 games before asking this? That's...odd.
fuzzycat wrote
at 10:52 AM, Wednesday February 7, 2007 EST
I wrote an essay about that.

http://kdice.wikispaces.com/Random+in+kdice
Brandon121 wrote
at 2:10 PM, Wednesday February 7, 2007 EST
It just seemed that i was noticing it more, yes after playing 250 games. Law of large numbers made me take notice of it. :P
StunnedFazer wrote
at 7:33 PM, Wednesday February 7, 2007 EST
lol

when you get equal rolls, it isn't "almost every time" that the attacker loses, it is <b>every</b> time.
Brandon121 wrote
at 8:43 AM, Thursday February 8, 2007 EST
Oh and I know the defender always wins ties. What Im talking about is if both the attacker and defender have the same number of dice. Like 3 attacking 3.
Moemar wrote
at 11:33 AM, Thursday February 8, 2007 EST
Hmm, I'm still not sure you understand that you're dealing with dice here. If it's 3 dice vs 3 dice, then each player will roll and the total of each dice roll will be anywhere from 3 (if they roll all 1s) to 18 (if they roll all 6s). The higher roll wins, and ties go to defender.
Brandon121 wrote
at 12:52 PM, Thursday February 8, 2007 EST
I understand we are dealing with dice, but we are dealing with computer dice. As random as it might seem, it's still runing on a program. It just seemed that i was noting more poeple losing these attacks than before.
algios wrote
at 1:04 PM, Thursday February 8, 2007 EST
So it is just another fix random() thread ...
Brandon121 wrote
at 1:32 PM, Thursday February 8, 2007 EST
oh just forget it
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary