Forum

Pheonix Challenge is screwing up games.
neolim wrote
at 11:47 AM, Friday February 2, 2007 EST
I'm very tired of seeing people try to lose, leaving themselves open to attack and basically messing the game up for those of us who want to play a real strategy game.

Quit it.

Replies 1 - 4 of 4
Star Block! wrote
at 12:17 PM, Friday February 2, 2007 EST
That's actually how most people seriously play...
JDizzle787 wrote
at 2:26 PM, Friday February 2, 2007 EST
Well, I was thinking about that, so, since I am a participant, I'm not that ignorant. But you do have a point, that taking yourself out may involve the demise of others. But, the real goal is not to gain territories. So, if you are doing it the right way, you will attack other territories against the odds, so to lessen the effect of collateral damage.
Those who just go suicide, aren't going for the ideal way to lose, and either are stupid or have no other means of losing. I understand there is a risk factor involved, but when you do it correctly, it can minimalize others taking damage.
neolim wrote
at 6:13 PM, Friday February 2, 2007 EST
I have two problems with it.

1. Many players just leave to get points off from higher scores... this makes a mess of the map.

2. Playing to lose (to come in 7th) is a pretty crummy thing to do and gives an advantage to anyone around you as they gobble up your territories.

No Honour there.
fuzzycat wrote
at 2:59 AM, Saturday February 3, 2007 EST
Suicide players are obviously not beeing long on higher scored tables. And the more you encounter the faster you are on highscore tables.
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary