Forum

Pre-game alliances
Jaits wrote
at 5:27 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
although i didnt participate in this game, i watched and i have to say this.. i aint playing a game if theres more than 1 german in it... y? cause they firstly spk in german.. secondly, they always gang up on everyone else and then remain the last players and flag and thirdly, cause they have the nerve to admit it (speaking in german which i translated) and organize their tactics in german...

this was on a 1900 table so i guess the clans per country are slowly reaching the high end games.... i suggest to whoever is reading this not to play if > 1 german is in the table unles s u wanna gurantee to loose (btw that was 3 germans against 4 other ppl from diff countries).. probabalistically, the rest simply dont stand a chance.. this is lame and destroys the spirit of the game....

the irony is that they are humiliating their country and mentality with such actions and they dont even realize it... its just sad....

Replies 1 - 10 of 31 Next › Last »
MadWilly wrote
at 5:41 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
...You haven't met the belgians yet have you?
Jaits wrote
at 5:48 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
no i havent, and that doesnt change the fact either... cause smone is low enough to do smt like that doesnt mean that u have to do it as well.. u can choose not to play with them - period instead of doing the same.... soon they will evaporate with time if enough ppl do it... they ll have noone to play with...

it aint rocket science....
aliaiactasunt wrote
at 5:49 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
no, no, the netherlands are the worst. And the spanish. Ah.. not to forget the US. But I think they're only doing it to Jaits...
Jaits wrote
at 5:55 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
u should learn to read.. i wasnt in the game so it didnt affect me.. and tbh i havent seen any other country doing this except the germans... and i ve seen them consistenly on lower tables doing the exact same thing.. no other country just germans.. its the first time i see it in a high ranked table... the only reason i enjoyed high ranked tables was because there was lack of such 'techniques' (if u can call that a technique).. i guess the same ppl that i saw in the lower tables have at last managed using pregame alliance to reach the higher tables... offcourse since both of u are german, i wouldnt expect any other responce from u.. its just lame.. and i want other ppl to know even if it will prob have no substancial effect....
JDizzle787 wrote
at 6:26 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
Maybe this area should just be an occupational hazard of kdice. I was in a game of turks, and whatever they were saying, I don't know, but they were each the last players in the game, and I don't think they were discussing the weather amongst themselves. I did my best, and came out losing (only due to an unbelievable prediction of luck by SuPaHsTar), but I was alright. Just avoid them. And they actually might not go so bad. In the game I was in, I was offered a truce, and didn't immediately take up on it, and so that was probably a piece to my down fall.

In fact, you don't have to avoid them, just work your way around those games. If no one is as kind as to offer you a truce when with their language speaking buddies, then offer them one or fly solo and hope for the best.

It's actually cool to try to beat out a couple of sneaky bastards and actually put up a fight. Just go on. We should have to deal with crap in this game too. Makes it dangerous and kinda cool.Jaits, you probably think it is wholesomely unfair to have people ally through the same language. Thy're having fun and ruining yours at the same time, so I see your pain. But, let it happen. They will get their just desserts when someone eventually beats them all at some point, I don't know.

In fact, what if we should declare an auto- allaince against those germans, turks, netherlanders, whatnot, whenever they seem to be "allying". We don't know. Just hang with it, get pride if you fended off a few germans and won, wnd be happy. Tell the story as a legend, whatever. I like them as an occupational hazard (no offense to you guys, but it is difficult to deal with people "allying" in another language) and to heck with em'. Let them stay.
Jaits wrote
at 6:31 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
the problem isnt the language for me as i speak 7 languages :P ... the problem is the principle... try to understand that... the principle that everyone that plays solo has a disadvantage over the 'clans'..

i ve seen quite a few greek players and i ve played with a lot of my friends from real life but we dont form clans... instead we usually take each other out cause its more fun... thats how i expect u guys to play, but i guess u dont know any better...
Jaits wrote
at 6:38 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
if i wanna play to win i always play alone.. whats the point of winning when ur strategy is essentially cheating the game?
dumpfbaeckchen wrote
at 6:39 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
I don´t understand the difference to other pre-game-alliances and so on... there are also french alliances - I played in one, joined ba me, a german, an french, a belgish friend and last but not least a canadian... lol - wtf??

But you should also see - the bigger such a pre-game-alliance is, so more handicaps by this alliance come up compared to the advantages... how to reconnect you´re countries without weak your allie-partner to much? this will be worked out easy ba two persons, it´s sometimes hard with three - but you need really skilled players to effort this with four! I played in such a cologne-alliance. One of us take the seventh place, two took 3rd and 4th and our biggest enemy surrenders with 2nd... so what´s the difference to a single-player-game?

We are happy playing together, it´s funny, but also a real hard work, without an output, which would be so great!
Jaits wrote
at 6:45 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
im sure it is fun 4 u.. if u cant win any other way i guess, thats the way to go... dont come crying if all the skilled respectfull players actually allie together against everyone else.... now that would be a clan... ppl with skill that can actually play and win solo joined up playing as a team... would that be fair to u?.. to loose 90% of the games on the first few rounds? would u enjoy the game this way... it would be fun wouldnt it ? :P

instead the top players compete against each other and play (at least most of them) respectufully and with honor.... all these 'clans' are achieving is for us to get together and get the top 20 and make sure noone else gets ther and just loose points to each other... thats fun ee? a real representation of kdice skill lol.....
dumpfbaeckchen wrote
at 7:03 PM, Friday January 26, 2007 EST
but it´s still reality, or not?

you know - I acctually not use to make "pre-game-allies" - but I´m playing with friends.

We shouldn´t lose one word about, but we´re playing it. It´s experienced trust. So it is!
KDice - Multiplayer Dice War
KDice is a multiplayer strategy online game played in monthly competitions. It's like Risk. The goal is to win every territory on the map.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary